Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Lord Shall Deliver Me

2 Timothy 4:18

"The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen."

In this verse we find faith, hope and love in great measure. Faith says, "The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed." Hope encourages, He "will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom." Love calls out to the Lord in utter adoration, "to Him be the glory forever and ever." And in Paul's ending flourish, the word "Amen" means "So be it".

In other words, we who are willing to have faith in the Lord Jesus will be received by Almighty God be with Him in heaven - forever. Death no longer has a hold on us. We shout a joyous "Amen”, "It is so!"

The Truth

“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14:2-3)