Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Heavenly Promise

Zechariah 3:6,7

“And the angel of the Lord admonished Joshua, saying, Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘If you will walk in My ways and if you will perform My service, then you will also govern My house and also have charge of My courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.”

Here the angel of the Lord is saying, if we walk with the LORD now, we will rule and reign significantly with Him when we get to heaven.

Our usefulness and capacity to enjoy the ages to come are being determined right now. This life is simply a dress rehearsal for eternity. What we do for ourselves will not matter but what we do for our LORD we’ll never regret.

The Truth

“Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:12-14)