Monday, August 21, 2017

2 Chronicles 7 "God's Promises"

"If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (v.14)

Here in chapter 7 God appears to Solomon and answers his prayer form chapter 6 (vv.16-31 concerning the people) with promises, affirmations, as well as warnings (vv. 12-16). As long as Israel remained faithful, humble, repented and sought the Lord, He would forgive their trespasses and sin and heal their land (v. 14). Furthermore, Solomon was promised if he walked with God as his father David walked, his throne would be established as David’s was (vv.17-18).

However, a warning was also given to Solomon, “But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods and worship them, then I will uproot you from My land which I have given you, and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight and I will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples” (vv.19-20).

Today we have the same choices, the same promises, the same affirmations, and the same warning – both individually and as a nation. It’s all up to us. We can choose to walk with God, follow His statutes, humbly seek His face for forgiveness when we fail, then be healed and forgiven – or not. Either way, God’s promises will come to pass.

Therefore, I strongly suggest the former rather that the latter to get ourselves, ones house, and this country in order. Better to be in His grace than in His wrath.

The Truth

“But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15)