Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saving Faith

Romans 10:9

“If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”

This verse does not say; could be saved or might be saved but it states will be saved.

I remember confessing my faith in Jesus before a large congregation and making the same confession of faith before being baptized many years ago. I recall, as a young person, this overwhelming feeling of joy. That simple childlike faith changed my life and put it forever into His hands.

To this day He remains closer than a brother - He has never forsaken me, even in my darkest days. He has always forgiven me seventy times seven. I am His and He is mine and no one can snatch me out of His hand. He is the good Shepard - I know His voice and He knows my name and someday, He will give me a new name.

The Truth

“Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32)