Thursday, August 21, 2014

Depression Antidote

Romans 8:1 “Free from Condemnation”

“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.”

Romans 8 has been described as the true antidote for depression because it covers all three common areas of depression; the past, the present and the future.

Here in verse 1 Paul speaks of being free from passed sin – one of Satan’s oldest condemnation tools. I thank God for sending His Son Jesus to free me from my past. It does haunt me sometimes, for I am human and my mind can go to places I don’t want it to but when it does I go right to Romans 8:1. Thank you Jesus.

Jesus showed His compassion and love through forgiveness in the parable of the unforgiving servant when he responded to Peter question, “How often are we to forgive? Seven times?” Jesus answered him, “Seventy times seven.” Meaning don’t keep track, just forgive.

If we are truly in Christ, all our sin (past, present and future) are covered in the blood of Jesus. So when God looks at us He doesn’t see our sin, He sees us in His Son.

The Truth

He who believes in Him (Jesus) is not condemned; but he who does not believe in Him is condemned already because he did not believe in the name of the only begotten son of God.” (John 3:18)