Friday, December 13, 2019

Jeremiah 1 “The Promise to Jeremiah”

“Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.” (vv.9-10)

Here we see the promise of God to Jeremiah. Despite the harsh message the prophet must deliver, God promises to give him the words to say and His presence as protection.

And so it is with us. We must not fear in speaking His truth. For despite our weaknesses, He will give us the words to say, and will protect our way. His Word can be trusted. Therefore, embrace those divine appointments to share God’s Word with others, knowing that He will be with you as He was with Jeremiah.

The Truth: “Now go! I will help you as you speak, and I will teach you what to say." (Exodus 4:12)