Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Job 30 “Can You Hear Me?”

“I cry unto Thee, and Thou dost not answer me.” (v.20)

One of the hardest things to do as a parent is not to rush in and try to fix everything our children are struggling with. As parents we naturally want to relieve our children’s pain, and struggles, but all situations our kids find themselves in are not the same, nor do they all require our immediate involvement.

When training a child up in the way he/she should go, it sometimes calls for us to step back and let them struggle through on their own. While I’m sure to them it may seem like we are ignoring their needs, but in reality we are right there overseeing their growth - So too is our heavenly father.

While it obviously seemed to Job that God did not hear his cry because He did not answer in Job’s timing, this will eventually prove to be far from the truth. There is not a single cry that comes from an anguished heart that God does not hear. Therefore, you can be sure that the cry of your heart will be answered in God’s perfect timing and in His perfect will, when it is most appreciated for its value.


The Truth: “Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” (Psalm 61:1-4)