Thursday, October 10, 2019

Isaiah 44 “Israel Not Forgotten”

“O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me. I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, And like a cloud, your sins. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.” (vv.21-22)

What a beautiful, loving promise. Here we see the heart of the Father, who longs for His children to return to Him. And like an earthly father, He stands ready to forgive and forget any and all past transgressions. This is not only God’s desire for Israel, but for all His children who have drifted away from the truth. He stands ready to forgive. For He who has formed us, and called us by name, has already redeemed us by His blood.

How comforting to know that although we may have drifted away, placed other things in our lives ahead of God, even willfully sinned, He has not forgotten us. And just as He promised to restore and rebuild Jerusalem (v.28b), He stands ready to restore us as well.

The Truth: “If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)