Friday, October 4, 2019

Isaiah 41 “God Encourages His People”

“I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (vv.9-10)

Here God speaks to His people through the prophet Isaiah with great love and tenderness. Like a groom reciting his vows to his beloved He promises; “I have chosen you,” “I am with you,” “do not worry or fear,” “I Am your God.” The vows go on to say, “I will strengthen you,” “help you,” and “hold you up.”

The scriptures tell us that the promises of God are, "Yes! and Amen" (2 Corinthians 1:20), that "His Word is truth" (John 17:7), and "unchanging" (Psalm 119:89), that "His counsel stands forever and the plans of His heart are to all generations" (Psalm 33:11). This is God’s promise for us as well, for we are His people too, as believers we are grafted in through the precious blood of His Son.

As the apostle Paul would later testify, “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile” (Romans 1:16). Haleyluyah!

The Truth: “God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).