Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Psalm 142 “God Watches Over Us”

“When my spirit grows faint within me, it is You who watches over my way.” (v. 3)

It is a very lonely place to sense that no human being really cares about your life, whether you survive or not. And in this psalm David seems to be in that place emotionally. However, a closer look into his message tells us that although he has these human feelings, in his spirit he still looks toward the One who always watches over him, God Almighty – the one who will never leave us nor forsake us.

It is comforting to have friends and family there for us when we are going through rough water, but in reality, only God can heal our broken lives, only His touch can reach our very souls. And when we put our faith and trust in Him, like David, we can live our lives in confidence knowing that God is right there beside us, "watching over us" - even in the depths of our despair.

The Truth: “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)