Thursday, January 10, 2019

Psalm 138 “Confidence in God”

“Though I walk in the middle of trouble, You will revive me: You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand shall save me.” (v. 7)

David, "walked in the middle of trouble" during most of his life. And what God had done for him many times before, David expresses confidently (here in our text), He would do for him again; revive him, protect him, and defeat his enemies.

What great encouragement for us to confidently believe the same. I’m sure we could all look back over our lives and see how His Word has strengthen us, lifted us up, and provided us victory over our past troubles. Which gives us the confidence, like David, that God will continue to revive, strengthen, and deliver us in the future as well.

Therefore, like David, we can say with confidence, "Though I walk in the middle of trouble, Your right hand will save me."

The Truth: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)