Friday, January 11, 2019

Psalm 139 “God Knows Yet Loves Man”

“O lord, You have searched me, and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thoughts afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, You are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.” (vv. 1-6)

There is no better feeling in the world than to know you are completely known and completely loved. God already knows every horrible thing we’ve ever done or will do and yet still he loves us more than we will ever understand.

Sometimes it’s easier to believe that we aren’t good enough for God than to accept Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf. But God loved us before we knew him, and had a plan to save us before we realized we needed saving. Romans 5:8 says, “God demonstrates his own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

What an awesome Heavenly Father we have. King of Kings, Lord of Lords, who knows how many hairs are on our heads right now (or not as the case may be), the unconfessed sin in our hearts, and loves us all the same. Knowing that, how can we not give our best for Him who has done so much for us?

The Truth: “And love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” (1 John 4:10)