Friday, October 19, 2018

Psalm 114 “Released From Bondage”

"When Israel went out of Egypt, and the house of Jacob from the people of strange language; Judah was His sanctuary, and Israel His dominion. The sea saw it, and fled; Jordan turned back.” (vv.1-3)

This little psalm recalls the deliverance of the children of Israel out of the bondage of Egypt. It shows the power of God, as the psalmist records how the Red Sea was parted for them, the waters of the Jordan stopped for them, that they might walk in on dry land.

This psalm also shows us the faithfulness of God to His Word. For as He promised Moses saying, “I am the LORD; I will bring you out from under the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. I will take you as My people, and I will be your God” (Exodus 6:6-7), so it was fulfilled.

What an awesome God we serve! One who can deliver us when we are trapped by our own sin, who has the power to do miraculous works in our lives, and is faithful to complete that work in and through us. Hallelujah!

The Truth: “The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them, He delivers them from all their troubles.” (Psalm 34:17)