Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Remnant

Amos 9:8

“Behold, the eyes of the Lord God are on the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from the face of the earth; nevertheless, I will not totally destroy the house of Jacob, declares the Lord."

As a nation, the Israel of that time would NOT trust in Him. And so the nation would be destroyed. However, in the midst of destruction, we also see the mercy of God in this verse where it says: "I will not totally destroy" them.

He who said, "I will correct you in justice," also says, "I am with you... to save you" (Jeremiah 30:11). Therefore, TRUST in Him, for He is not only about judgment - "God is (also) love" (1 John 4:8). His judgment gets our attention, but His love sets us free.

The Truth

“Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them will return; the destruction decreed shall overflow with righteousness.” (Isaiah 10:22)