Friday, August 17, 2018

Psalm 91 “Safe In His Hand”

“He shall call upon Me and I will answer him; I will be with him in time of trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.” (vv.14-16)

This psalm describes the safety of abiding in the Presence of God. As the psalmist describes it, He is our refuge (v.2), our deliverer (v.3), and shall protect us (v.4). He is our habitation (v.9), and shall give His angles charge over us (v.11), and be with us in time of trouble (v.15). Then we shall treed upon the lion and the cobra (v.13), and will see His salvation (v.16). 

Meaning, those who abide in Jesus, who dwell in the Lord, will not only be protected and provided for now, but will overcome the evil one and have a glorious destiny in heaven with Him for eternity. This does not mean we are immune to danger, but regardless of our circumstances, we do have the Lord Himself as our refuge. Hallelujah! 

The Truth: "Now this is what the LORD says—He who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine! For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place.” (Isaiah 43:1&3)