Thursday, August 2, 2018

Psalm 81 ”I Am The LORD”

“I Am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt; open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.” (v.10)

This is a promise from the Lord designed to encourage us to pray and ask Him to fulfill our needs. It is almost as if He is giving us His resume, as if He is trying to be hired for the job of answering our prayers. He reminds us that He was the one who did all the miracles for the children of Abraham, when they were brought out of Egypt. God is saying that He is still the same; He hasn’t changed. This means that He is just as willing to fill our needs now, as He was when this psalm was first written. So, open your mouth wide, and Hw will fill it!

The Truth: "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 14:13-14)