Monday, March 5, 2018

Job 39 “God Speaks of Nature”

Here in chapter 39 the LORD continues to ask Job questions. I believe not so much to put Job down or to show his ignorance, but to use creation to teach Job about His sovereignty.

We can also be reminded through this passage about our own value in God’s world. We are created not simply as a beautiful creature with a job to do, but also as a creature made in God’s image. The power of the horse is amazing, but the value of each human transcends all other creatures.

God created us uniquely to have a relationship with Him and to live with Him forever. While we praise God for the magnificence of the creatures of nature, we also stand in awe that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made.”

The Truth: “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.” (Psalm 139:14)