Wednesday, June 28, 2017

1 Chronicles 14 "David Waited, Then Obeyed"

“It shall be when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the poplar trees, then you shall go out to battle, for God will have gone out before you to strike the army of the Philistines.” David did just as God had commanded him.” (vv.15-16)

Here is yet another reminder that, the battle is not ours, but God’s. He will deliver the Philistines in our lives to us if we wait on Him, and follow His leading. All to often we just charge ahead not realizing we could save ourselves much grief, if we just wait for Him to work in our lives.

When circumstances in our lives cause us to want to march ahead and take things into our own hands, may we all inquire of the Lord, wait on His leading, and not anticipate His will. It is useless to move forward before He has gone out before us.

The Truth

“I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.” (Psalm 40:1-2)