Sunday, February 14, 2016

Numbers 19

The Saciafice of the Red Heifer

The purpose of the sacrifice of the Red Heifer was to purify any Israelite who came into contact with death. Here we have an interesting parallel to the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ who gave His life to conquer death.

The Heifer was to be without spot or blemish, no yoke ever placed on it and sacrificed outside the camp. Jesus was without sin, not under the control of man and was sacrificed outside the city.

The Heifer was to be burned on cedar wood and hyssop and scarlet material cast into the burning fire. Just as our Lord was tortured, nailed to a cedar cross, offered vinegar to deaden the pain on a pole of hyssop and shed scarlet blood for you and for me.

This sacrifice, reached ahead through the centuries, presenting Christ, the Messiah, who would be born of a virgin and become the Representative of God to mankind and mankind to God, dying for the sins of the world.

The Truth


“I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.” (John 10:17-18)