Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Willing To Save

Hosea 11:8

“How can I give you up, Oh Ephraim? How can I surrender you, O Israel? How can I make you like Admath? How can I treat you like Zebolim? My heart is turned over within Me, all My compassions are kindled.”

In this scripture we truly see the heart of a loving Father, struggling to punish his child. To the point that, He questions how the judgment should be carried out.

God hates judgment and longs that His people might be rescued from sin. And, just as He was willing to rescue Israel (a polluted and idolatrous people) so He is also willing to save us, if we will just recognize our sin.

Thank you Lord for your patience and long suffering with us. Thank you that you are willing to seek and to save those, which are lost.

The Truth

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)