Monday, December 14, 2020

Habakkuk 1 “Where Are You?”

“How long, O Lord, will I call for help, and You will not hear! Even cry unto thee of violence, and thou will not save.” (v.2)

Habakkuk was a questioner. He saw his king and the people plunged deep into immorality and wondered, “Lord, why don’t You judge Your people? Why aren’t you working? Where are you?”

I’m sure we’ve all experienced the same feeling when, in our judgment, God seems to be unconnected or not on His job. But a little further down here in chapter 1, Habakkuk received his answer, “For I will work a work in your days, which you will not believe, though it be told you” (v.5).

And just as in the days of Habakkuk, so God still governs in the affairs of men today. He is not slack, nor indifferent and all will still be made to answer for their trespasses and sins, but in His timing and not ours.  

The Truth: “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8-9)