Thursday, December 27, 2018

Psalm 131 “Childlike Faith”

“My heart is not proud, LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Israel, put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore.” (vv. 1-3)

Psalm 131 is a call to reorient ourselves back to God. The psalmist, David, is sharing his own experience as an encouragement. He wants us to know that he was not proud or concerned with lofty endeavors. When it came to his walk with God, he had a childlike trust and his hope was in the LORD.

May we all take the time to reorient ourselves in the same way. To return to a childlike trust and simply place our hope in God.

The Truth: “He saves the humble, but brings low those whose eyes are haughty.” (Psalm 18:27)