Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Psalm 130 “Hear My Cry”

“Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Lord.” (v. 1)

Great anguish and gut wrenching sorrow have often been compared to deep and troubled waters. I’m sure you can recall a time in your life when you were there, caught in the maelstrom of the sea, headed for the bottom. As hopeless as that can seem, there is no depth from which the soul cannot cry out from nor pray, “LORD, hear my cry!”

Our God is one who hears. No more than a mother can ignore her child’s cry for help, or it’s moan in pain, could the LORD ignore His children’s cries from the depths of their souls. Therefore, cry out to Him, pour out your heart to Him. He will hear your call.

The Truth: “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!” (Isaiah 49:15)