Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Matthew 11 "Jesus Gives True Rest"

“Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (vv. 28-30)

Here in chapter 11, Jesus is chiefly addressing the poor, lost, ruined sinner: the man "burdened" with a consciousness of his transgressions, and seeking deliverance. For such who truly repent, there is relief. Jesus tells them to come to Him, to believe in Him, and to trust Him, and Him only, for salvation. Doing this, He will bring them rest for their souls, from their sins, from the terrors of the law, and from the fears of eternal death.

Today, you too can find rest from your fears, from the terrors of the past, and have victory over your sin. Simply come unto Him, accept Him, give Him Lordship over your life, and you shall find "rest" for you soul. (See connect with God to the right on this page)

The Truth: “These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)