Monday, November 19, 2018

Matthew 10 “Confess Christ Before Men“

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.” (vv. 32-33)

One day we will all stand before God, but those who have stood for Christ here on earth, will not stand alone before God in heaven. Those who have confessed Jesus Christ before men, when their name is called to stand before God, Jesus will step forth and confess them before the Father. As Jude said of Jesus, "To Him (give glory) who is able to keep us from stumbling, and to present us "faultless" before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy" (Jude 1:24).

However, if a person denied Jesus Christ before men, they will stand alone before God. And in that sobering moment may even turn to Him and say, "Lord, Lord," but He will shake His head and say, "I never knew you.” Wow! what a fearful thing to stand before the living God with no advocate. Better to confess Him now, willingly, and save your soul, than to confess later, on your knees, before the living God, and have no advocate to save you from eternal judgment.

The Truth:  "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’” (Romans 14:11)