Friday, April 6, 2018

Psalm 13 “How Long O LORD”

“How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? (v.1)

This Psalm expresses David’s feeling of being forsaken, and forgotten. He wrestles internally with loneliness, doubt, and sorrow - while externally, his enemies seemed to be triumphing over him. The language in verses 1-2 displays a desperate state of mind. But as he continues his prayer, he goes from desperation to a confident trust in God’s mercy, salvation, and provision.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had some of these same feelings. But like David, every time I take them to the LORD in prayer, my focus changes. By casting those feelings upon Him, trusting in Him, turning the issue over to Him, now He becomes to agent doing the work - not me. By letting go and letting God take the wheel, it changes my entire outlook. 

Therefore, talk to the LORD. Pour your heart out to Him. It will change your entire outlook.

The Truth: "Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah” (Psalm 62:8)