Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Ephesians 1 "Marked With A Seal"

In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.” (vv.13-14)

What a great truth. Once we have heard and believed the gospel, we are sealed (included) in Christ, equipped with the Spirit, given a promise of inheritance, and reconciled to God. All we need to do is believe the message.

God's redemptive call goes out to all people. All you need to be “included in Christ” is believe in Jesus' redeeming death. You will receive forgiveness, and be sealed with His Holy Spirit.

The Truth

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” (John 10:27-30)