Thursday, July 6, 2017

1 Chronicles 18 "David's Victories"

“Thus the LORD preserved David wherever he went.” (vv. 6,13)

Here in chapter 18 we get a general overview of all the wars David carried out victoriously against his enemies around him, to secure Israel’s rule. We also get a short statement of the results and a cataloque of David’s chief public officials. As we go through the next few chapters a more detailed account will be presented.

What continues to jump out at me in our reading today is, those who take God along with them wherever they go may expect to be preserved in all places. And, those who are focused on God, will have His focus on them. Thus you and I, like David, can be preserved wherever we go.

The Truth

“You have delivered me from the attacks of the peoples; you have preserved me as the head of nations. People I did not know now serve me.” (2 Samuel 22:44)