Tuesday, December 16, 2014

To Live Is Christ

Philippians 1:21

“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”

This is the single mind we need to think properly and live joyfully in this world. Anything else one might live for will leave you unsatisfied, wanting more.

Paul regarded himself as already dead to sin through the cross of Christ. He saw that “Christ IS… our life” (Colossians 3:4). He said, “I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me” (Galatians 2:20). Therefore, for him to die was gain, for then he would be with Christ.

“The only way to rejoice through life, to be happy in and about life, is to identify solely with Jesus.” (Jon Courson)

The Truth

“For in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ (Acts 17:28)