Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Follow The Call

Jonah 1:3

"But Jonah rose up to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. So he went down to Joppa, found a ship which was going to Tarshish, paid the fare and went down into it to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord."

Any step away from God is a step down the wrong path. Whenever we run in the opposite direction of the Lord’s call or command, you can be sure Satan will have a ship ready for us to set sail on - and we’ll pay a heavy price for it. I’ve been on that boat, to my Tarshish. I have experienced the cost and like Jonah, I knew it was wrong when I did it.

But thankfully, our King is merciful, compassionate, slow to anger and desirous that all should be saved (2 Peter 3:9) - Me, You, the Ninevites, that person you don’t want to forgive who has wronged you in some way. The Gospel is for everyone, not just a chosen few. So, share it and do not flee from the call.

The Truth

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)