Friday, July 15, 2022

John 17 “A Prayer Of Unity”

“I pray for these men. But I am also praying for all people that will believe in me because of the teaching of these men. Father, I pray that all people that believe in me can be one.” (v.20-21)

Here Jesus is not only praying for His disciples but, also for all those who would come to believe in Him through them. That includes you and me. He looked beyond this first generation of believers and saw those whom the gospel would reach around the world. His prayer for them and for us, is that we would be unified as one. That we would believe God sent Jesus to be the Savior of mankind. Not just to the Jews, but the gentiles as well.

Therefore brothers and sisters we are one in Jesus and should be united together in our service to Him in whatever He has called us to do.

The Truth: “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” (Psalm 133:1)