Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Deuteronomy 3 "God Shows His Faithfulness "

And I (Moses) commanded Joshua at that time saying, "Your eyes have seen all that the LORD your God has done to these two kings: so shall the LORD do to all the kingdoms where you pass. You shall not fear them: for the LORD your God He shall fight for you.” (v.21-22)

Joshua had a huge job to do – to bring a whole nation into a land where they would not be welcome, and where they would have to fight to possess what God had rightfully given to them. With this huge challenge in front of him, Moses was now encouraging Joshua not to fear what kingdoms may lie ahead, but to consider what God has done and what He has promised, “That He will fight for you.” This was just the beginning of how God would show His faithfulness to His people in the promise land.

So too the Lord has provided miraculous victories in the lives of His people today. Many can testify to the life changing events because of His love and patience in drawing them unto Himself. Remembering God’s past faithfulness is key to present and future victory.

This year was my 6th year anniversary of God's protective hand on my life by delivering me through open heart surgery (quadruple bypass), through the skill He had given others, and restoring me to complete health. I give praise to Him for every breath I've drawn, every experience I've had over the past 6 years He extended to me. 

Thank you Lord for Your faithfulness and all the victories given to me in my life, both small and great. You have so graciously provided for me. Forgive me for wanting more and help me in whatever state I am in, to be content. Amen.

Blessed beyond understanding.

Thus says the LORD to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.’ (2 Chronicles 20:15b)