Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Mark 9 “All Things Are Possible”

 “If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes.” (v.23)

Here in chapter 9 we see a boy possessed by a mute spirit. And whenever the spirit seized him, it would throw him down; he would then foam at the mouth, gnash his teeth, and then become rigid (vv.17-18). The father first took the boy to Jesus’s disciples, but they could not help (v.18). Then he brought the boy to Jesus and asked for His help (v.22). Jesus then responded to him with our text, “all things are possible to him who believes” (v.23).

The answer the father gives to Jesus is both touching and beautifully honest, “I believe; help thou mine unbelief.” (v.24) It was as though he said," I do believe; but my faith is weak.” I think that is the case with many people today. They believe, but their faith is weak, it breaks down, gets placed in a closet until some misfortune befalls them. Then it’s, “LORD, help me.”

I believe Jesus is saying the same thing to us today as He did to this father in our text over 2000 years ago. And, just like then, He is willing and able to help all who believe at this very moment. Therefore, come to the Father, through the precious blood of His Son, Jesus. Lay your burdens down at His feet, and allow His healing to take place in your life today. (see prayer connect with God to the right on this page)

The Truth: “Come unto Me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls.” (Matthew 11:28)