Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Mark 10 “Our Selfless Savior”

 And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” (v.44-45)

Jesus was constantly sacrificing His needs to fulfill those of others, eventually giving His very life as a ransom for all of mankind. And now sits at the right hand of the Father in heaven. What a great example He left for us here, of putting others first.

I do not believe one can be Christ like and put his/her needs before others. Growing up, I remember my mother would work all day, then come home and start the family dinner, then clean and wash dishes, and even throw in a load of laundry before sitting down. I watched my dad work all day, then come home and do chores around the house, and still have time to throw the football around with me as a kid growing up. They both made many sacrifices for the family, and with three boys, that was not easy.

I thank God for those Christ like examples of putting others first in my life. And while there were many times I was blind to it all because of my selfishness, it’s so clear to me now how important it is to serve others. Thank you mom and dad for all those years of self-sacrifice.

The Truth: “But Jesus called them unto him, and said, You know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:25-28)