Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Ezekiel 38 “God’s Judgment Against Gog (Russia)”

“I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains,” says the Lord GOD. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother. And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the LORD.”’ (vv.21-23)

Here we have the LORD speaking (through His prophet Ezekiel) concerning an appointed time when He will bring judgment upon Gog (Russia) and those allied with her, who would make war against Israel. Because Gog was arrogant enough to invade God’s own land (My mountains) He would come against Gog and his allies with military power. One way it would come would be as they (the allied nations) began to attack one another (every man’s sword will be against his brother).

Yahweh will also send disease and death against attacking armies. This would be a demonstration of His justice. He will also use the instruments of previous judgment against them; flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. This overwhelming and obviously divine defeat of Gog and her allies will testify to the whole world of God’s character and power.

The Truth: “And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God’s people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them.” (Revelation 20:9 –NLT)