Thursday, April 30, 2020

Ezekiel 2 “Ezekiel’s Commission”

“Now you, son of man, listen to what I am speaking to you; do not be rebellious like that rebellious house. Open your mouth and eat what I am giving you.” Then I looked, and behold, a hand was extended to me; and lo, a scroll was in it. When He spread it out before me, it was written on the front and back, and written on it were lamentations, mourning and woe. Then He said to me, “Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” (Ch.2:8-10, Ch.3:1)

Ezekiel’s eating of a scroll was meant to illustrate a spiritual exercise that all of us should engage in. If we are to declare God’s truth with meaning and power, we must take time to let it fill our hearts. We need to feed on it, not just read and repeat it. Before we can serve the Bread of Life to others, we must feast on it ourselves, and let God's Word fill our minds, rule our hearts, and guide our tongues, so we can speak to others in need.

The Truth: “Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)