Tuesday, November 29, 2016

1 Samuel 19 "Divine Protection"

Saul listened to the voice of Jonathan, and Saul vowed, “As the Lord lives, he (David) shall not be put to death.” (v.6)

Today's reading is full of anxiety and danger for young David, but it is also full of evidence that God was with him, guiding him and protecting him from harm. All David needed was to look back on his own history to see the clear hand of God at work in his life.

As we go through life, we too will experience times of anxiety, frustration, maybe even life threatening danger. I know I have. In looking back on my life I can definitely see times of “divine protection” for both me and my family. Although we don't have the same kingly promises as David, we can still be confident of God's guiding, protective hand in our lives. 

As David wrote: “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them” (Psalm 34:7)

The Truth
“God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1)