Thursday, October 20, 2016

Acts 25 "Paul's Appeal to Caesar

Acts 25 “Paul’s Passion”

“I am now standing before Caesar’s court, where I ought to be tried. I have not done any wrong to the Jews, as you yourself know very well. If however, I am guilty of doing anything deserving death, I do not refuse to die. But if the charges brought against me by these Jews are not true, no one has the right to hand me over to them. I appeal to Caesar!” (v.10-11)

During college football season, excitement is on display every Saturday in stadiums all over the country. Fans have no problem losing their minds in excitement for their team. They identify with their school and have a passion to see them succeed.

Passion is a powerful thing. When you are passionate about something, you have no issue being bold to support it. Paul was passionate about spreading the Gospel, and his boldness is evident here where he is on trial and could be sentenced to death, but because he believes in his actions and his purpose, he speaks boldly.

Paul’s passion for spreading Jesus’ message made him willing to face anything — even death. This kind of passion for the Gospel, can change our communities (and eventually the world), one soul at a time. All we need to do is, exercise it.

The Truth

“And for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.” (Ephesians 6:19-20)