Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Choose To Rejoice

Habakkuk 3:17-18

“Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food;
Though the flock be cut off from the fold, and there be no heard in the stalls- Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the GOD of my salvation.”

Yes, those who know and trust the Lord can rejoice—even in poverty! How you say? By rejoicing in Him and not in circumstances. Happiness depends on happenings but Joy depends on Jesus. Yes, God tries our faith sometimes - that we in turn may try His faithfulness.

By keeping our eyes focused on the Lord, not on our circumstances, we live above the shadows of fear and bask in the sunlight of faith. Even though we, like Habakkuk, may have a long list of troubles, faith's answer to disappointment must always be: “Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the GOD of my salvation.”

The Truth

Rejoice in the Lord, you righteous, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. (Psalm 97:12)