Friday, June 18, 2021

Revelation 3 “Hear My Voice”

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hears My voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me. To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.” (vv.19-22 KLV)

John’s warning (rebuke) to churches of his time continues in this chapter. He concludes by discussing the three remaining churches. The seventh church John warned was the church of the Laodiceans. This was a “luke warm” ministry (v. 16). They had riches and many things the world had to offer, but they were doing very little for the Lord. God saw them as “wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked” (v. 17). Their failure to do anything for the Lord disgusted the Father (v.16).

Unfortunately, this church reflects many in the age we are currently in. There is more concern for the bottom line, and the social interests of man, than the spiritual needs of the body. Preaching “Thus saith the Lord” is rarely heard anymore, and if it were, many who are use to having their ears tickled would be offended and leave the church, and that would create a decrease in attendance and church income. Physical wealth does not cover up the fact that the majority of churches are not heeding the tugging of the Holy Spirit and in God’s eyes are “… poor, and blind, and naked.”

But, the good news is, no matter the climate of churches today, the door of opportunity for both individual and church revival is still open at this time, if each would just "hear the voice of the Lord", and not mammon.

The Truth: “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.”