Thursday, November 19, 2020

1 Timothy 1 “No Other Doctrine”

“This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.” (v.15)

This statement by Paul written to Timothy is what the gospel boils down to for me. I’m a sinner, and Christ came into the world to save me. By His grace and long-suffering, I have obtained His abundant mercy and my name is written in the Book of Life, by believing on Him. 

This can’t be accomplished any other way. Yes the law is good in that it points out our sin, but only Jesus can forgive, cleanse, and bestow everlasting life. No other doctrine, no other teaching, no other way leads to heaven and our LORD.

God’s law pinpoints our problems, while God’s grace provides the solution.

The Truth: "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." (Ephesians 2:8)