Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Ephesians 3 "Access Through Christ"

Through faith in Him (Jesus) we may approach God with freedom and confidence.” (v.12)

The Law no longer determines human identity. Because of Jesus' shed blood, human identity is first and foremost determined by one's relationship to Him. Instead of Jew versus Greek, the unifying power of Jesus' heavenly and earthly authority, makes the key distinction being “included in Christ” or not. All one needs to do to be counted “in Christ” is believe the gospel.

This wonderful truth means that, whereas the Law limited access to God, those who are “in Christ” may approach God with freedom and confidence (v. 12). Why? Because God loves Jesus, and this love graciously overflows to all those who are identified in Jesus (Ch.1:6).

The question then becomes, where does your identity lie? In Christ or not? If you are not yet "included in Christ" and would like to be, just pray the prayer located to the right on this page (Connect With God), and God will graciously welcome you into His family, because you have accepted in His Son.  

The Truth: “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)