Thursday, April 4, 2019

Proverbs 30 “Integrity And Contentment”

“Keep deception and lies far from me, Give me neither poverty nor riches; Feed me with the food that is my portion.” (v.8)

A man identified in the Bible as Agur had a different perspective on riches when he asked God to grant him two requests before he died.

First, he said, “Remove falsehood and lies far from me.” Integrity is truly a key to living without anxiety. When we have nothing to hide, we have nothing to fear. Deceit enslaves; honesty liberates.

Second, he said, “Give me neither poverty nor riches—feed me with the food allotted to me.” Contentment springs from trusting God as our supplier and gratefully accepting what He provides. Agur said of the Creator that, "He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him” (v.5). One can have no greater protector.

Integrity and contentment are riches of the soul that are available to all. And, our Lord is pleased to give these treasures to everyone who asks.

The Truth: “He who walks righteously and speaks with sincerity, He who rejects unjust gain And shakes his hands so that they hold no bribe; He who stops his ears from hearing about bloodshed And shuts his eyes from looking upon evil; He will dwell on the heights, His refuge will be the impregnable rock; His bread will be given him, His water will be sure.” (Isaiah 33:15-16)