Monday, October 23, 2017

Ezra 7 "The Decree of Artaxerxes to Ezra"

“I, even I, King Artaxerxes, issue a decree to all the treasurers who are in the provinces beyond the River, that whatever Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, may require of you, it shall be done diligently.”(v.21)

Wow! Talk about a blank check. This tells me two things: 1) Artaxerxes really trusted Ezra. How many contractors (then or now) could be trusted with this kind of financial support to complete a job without lining their  pockets? - Evidently only one, Ezra, and 2) Artaxerxes understood the  financial commitment needed to properly beautify the house of the LORD and trusted in Ezra to follow the guidelines in scripture to do it.

Ezra had a big job ahead of him, not only in the beautification of the temple as prescribed by the Law, but in the instruction and spiritual leadership of the former captives, who are spiritually weak and in great need of a teacher. As we make our way through this incredible story it will become increasing obvious, that the hand of the God is upon Ezra in all that he does, giving him strength and courage to complete his calling each step of the way (v.28).

You too can have this same assurance, that God is with you always, that He will never leave you nor forsake you, that He is your strength and shield, by simply putting your trust in Him and asking Him to be the LORD of your life. Do it now and experience the hand of God in your live as well.

The Truth

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.” (Psalm 28:7)