Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Weakness - His Strength

2 Corinthians 12:9a

“And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

Jesus is assuring Paul that, He will support him; that Paul would not sink exhausted under his trials but, he will still go through it.

The strength of Christ shines forth in its perfection and glory by supplying, supporting, and building us up in times of weakness; for it is when we are conscious our weaknesses, that the Lord can manifests His power.

This is what leads Paul to say, “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then am I strong.” (2 Cor.12:10)

We are only here for a short season. There will be thorns in our flesh, poking at us, disappointing us – but, it is during times of trial that we recognize our limitations, draw closer to God for His strength and discover His will and direction for our lives.

The Truth

“Count it all joy when you fall into various trials…” (James 1:2-4)